Saturday, January 9, 2010

Review: Sherlock Holmes the movie

Yesterday I went to see Sherlock Holmes. I never read the books or anything but only heard of it. I was kind of excited to see it because Jude Law was in it, Jude Law plays Watson, the doctor. I would have to say that the movies has more action/fighting then I expected which I didn't mind. I think in the beginning you have to really follow along with what they're doing and then you get the jits of what's going on. I think that a problem with the movie was that Holmes and sometimes Watson talk too fast and you can't exactly catch what they said... my friends thought the same thing too. Maybe it's because they're talking with an English accent and I'm American... I dont know haha. I realized that if you listen REALLY carefully you'll get exactly what they're saying. There were funny and haha moments so it's not a completely all serious movie. However it was a pretty LONG movie... If you make it to the end everything makes A LOT of sense. It's one of those movies where in the end ties the whole movie together, so you should definitely stay through the whole movie to UNDERSTAND the whole movie. I don't want to give anything away but the ending kind of left you hanging, so there might potentially be a sequel. Overall I would rate this movie 8/10.


-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment